Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Arthur's Pass



My latest trip was north to Arthur's Pass National Park. We only saw a little of what it has to offer...
   
The sunrise in Arthur's Pass National Park was incredible. 

We started our tramp early that day in hopes that the weather would be in our favor so we could summit avalanche peak. 


The clouds are spectacular here in New Zealand... Or I just appreciate them more. 
We all have something in common... Unplanned believe it or not. 
Claiming ridges 
We were swallowed by a cloud during the descent. 
The walk down felt like we were in wonderland 
This is the post office...
Devils punch bowl
Treat yourself once in a while. Like I did with this passion fruit cheesecake. 
This cozy place was perfect to wait out the rain that night
Our free campsite
Stopped at castle hill on the way home. Does it look familiar?
It should if you've seen the chronicles of narnia: the lion the witch and the wardrobe
This is where they filmed the great battle scene 
This is how I train my self control 
I told you that the royals were coming to NZ. I'm not sure if you caught this photo but it is one of my favorites. I appreciate what Maori is doing and I am starting to understand  more and more of their culture. 
Some signs are better than others
I'm basically famous
William handing out medals to the young athletes. 
Tomorrow I start my mid semester break trip and I've done some preparation. This trail mix will hopefully last three of us! (Gallon size bag)
I also tried making home made granola bars for the first time and they turned out pretty great actually! The first ones were too crumbly and needed to be rolled but the second were perfect. 
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think I can find flavored tuna in the states. I've fell in love with this stuff especially for camping trips.

I'm off now for the biggest journey of the semester! Wish me luck and I can't wait to tell you all about it! 




CHEERS!


CA